The European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV) is one of the top Scientific Conferences on Computer Vision Technologies and Applications in the world. For the second time after ECCV 1992 (Santa Margherita Ligure) ECCV is held in Italy, at Palazzo dei Congressi and Palazzo Affari, in Firenze, on 7-13 October 2012, chaired by Prof. Roberto Cipolla – University of Cambridge, UK, Prof. Carlo Colombo – University of Florence, Italy, Prof. Alberto Del Bimbo – University of Florence, Italy.
ECCV 2012 is a composite event including Oral and Poster sessions, Technical Demonstrations, and Industry Exhibit. There are Tutorials on key subjects held by distinguished scientists, as well as 21 Workshops on the most actual topics of computer vision. You can give a look to the whole Program and Conference organization at http://eccv2012.unifi.it.
Students and Phd Students in ICT who are interested to participate to this event can join as Volunteers, giving their support to the success of the event and ensuring that the conference runs smoothly. ECCV 2012 is an excellent opportunity for Students in ICT to meet and talk with leading academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of computer vision and meet other people from all over the world.The number of Volunteers is limited to 20.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- All Volunteers should be proficient in English.
- Volunteers will be asked to work during the week of the conference to help with one or several of the following tasks:
- surveillance and technical support during sessions, with the audio-visual equipment used by speakers, presentations management and other similar tasks;
- organization support during events checking badges for entry to events, working at the registration desk, and other similar tasks;
- content creation for social media, by updating social channels of the conference (Twitter, Flickr and others) with pictures and information during the most important events and sessions;
By becoming a Volunteer at ECCV 2012 you receive the following benefits:
• complimentary registration to the main conference, tutorial and workshops;
• free ECCV 2012 proceedings;
• participation certificate.
- Application deadline: 25 September 2012
- Selection notification: 30 September 2012
To apply, e-mail a 1 page CV to Lorenzo Seidenari (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marco Bertini (email@example.com), copying Prof. Alberto del Bimbo (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Prof. Carlo Colombo (email@example.com)
Additionally, in your email, indicate the following:
- subject: ECCV 2012 student volunteer application;
- your university and your education level (e.g., Ph.D., Undergraduate – Junior, student, etc.);
- whether you have been previously a volunteer at other conferences.